The best healthy recipes are more than just tasty — they’re inexpensive, easy and filling!
That’s what you get with this potato and spinach egg bake from Hunger + Health. Eggs are a great source of protein, and good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Make it for the family, or meal prep for one with leftovers to last for days. You’ll want to add this easy recipe to your rotation.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup red potatoes, chopped (with the skin on)
- 10 oz. of frozen spinach, chopped
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup white or yellow onion
- 1 cup red pepper
- 6 slices of whole wheat bread, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp. of dried ground mustard
You’ll also need:
- Oversized mixing bowl
- Large mixing spoon
- Large, oblong baking dish (about 9×13 inch.; metal or glass is fine)
- Spatula for serving
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Break eggs into oversized mixing bowl. Beat eggs with a fork.
- Add milk, cheese and mustard. Mix together with a fork.
- Add bread, onion, red pepper, spinach and potatoes. Stir well with large spoon until bread is wet.
- Pour into ungreased baking dish, spreading out food evenly.
- Bake 350° F for 1 hour.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Per serving (recipe makes 6 servings): Calories: 410 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3.5g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 460mg | Carbohydrates: 62g | Dietary Fiber: 7g | Protein: 23g | Calcium: 35% Daily Value
Check out more recipes from Hunger + Health and Feeding America.